At 60 years old, the Veranda St. Bridge is near the end of its useful life, and needs to be replaced for safety’s sake.
Normally it would take months to remove the old bridge and build a new one in its place.
BUT by building the new bridge right next to the old one, removing the old one, and rolling the new one into place…we’ll close the road for just 64 hours. Learn more about this innovative engineering plan!
What's the Plan?
OUR VERANDA PLAN:
- Replace aging Veranda St. Bridge on I-295.
- Use an innovative roll-in technique to limit the I-295 closure to 64 hours as opposed to years of congestion during normal construction.
- Create safer intersection with Veranda Street.
- Add lanes to protect bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Fix problematic drainage.
YOUR VERANDA PLAN: